Song Of The Day: "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift



Hey guys!

About 6,5 years ago, one gig randomly made me stumble into the music industry.
It was a Taylor Swift gig - funny, eh?

Let me explain; I went to one of her shows and ended up finding my new favourite band in her support act - Martin and James.
A year later, I went to one of their shows in Cologne, it inspired me so much that I started this blog and the rest is history.

Those actions bring us to this point, which is me sitting at my desk, writing about the music that has been released recently.

Just like a bunch of other bloggers, I'm here to discuss Taylor Swift's brand new track with you today.

So let's just get it done, yeah?


- Song Of The Day -
"Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift


This is the part of the post in which I would usually introduce the artist to you.
You know, a brief rundown of their beginnings, their achievements and what not.

With today's act being Taylor Swift, I don't think I have to go into detail much.
Most of you are probably familiar with her, her music and/or her career.

And if you aren't, but would like to learn more about her, a quick google search will give you more details that you might want to know.

So, after a few years without new music, Taylor has returned with her brand new track, "Look What You Made Me Do", off the upcoming album "reputation".

The artwork for the album, as well as the promo on social media, have already given away that we are about to experience another change of direction from Taylor.

"Look What You Made Me Do" is dark, it's a drastic change, it's synth based.
All these words don't sound like the Pop Taylor we've been presented during her 1989 era.

Now, whether you enjoy the song or not - it's quite interesting to see artists re-invent their sound and aesthetic. I personally think it shows which artists have multiple sides and can discover them through music.

The track has some early 2000s vibes, as well as some vintage-y sounding elements, paired with a lot of synths and beats. The lyrics process a lot of anger and are delivered in a cold, spitty way- keeping the atmosphere very dark.

It's a new tempo and a new Taylor Swift era, so let's see where this goes.


Watch the lyric video for "Look What You Made Me Do" below:




- buy or stream "Look What You Made Me Do" -



Taylor Swift online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | YouTube | Instagram





Thank you for your visit!











Credits // Words: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: via StokedPR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)