Playlist: Christmas 2016



Hey guys!

For the first time ever I've decided to put a little Christmas playlist together.

The older I get, the more I realise how much music can influence my mood.
(And I say that at the age of 20- what other realisations will I be facing soon?)

Because I wasn't quite feeling festive this season, I figured a Christmas playlist might do the trick.
So little, desperate me went on Spotify to listen to all the usual Christmas playlists.

But guys, what kind of music blogger would I be, if I didn't feel the need to create my own playlist?

So when I've noticed that some friends started uploading their own versions of classic Christmas tunes, it was my time to open a new post and type away.
(More like, "embed" away.)

And here we go!
Below you can find my personal Christmas playlist which I shall have on repeat until Christmas!


I hope you enjoy!


Please feel free to share this with your friends and leave a comment telling us your favourite Christmas song!

_________________________________________________________________________

"White Christmas" performed by Martin Kelly

This song is one of my favourites, so it was super interesting to see where Martin would take it.
Obviously, he did a fantastic job and therefore makes the perfect opener for this playlist.



_________________________________________________________________________

"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" performed by Ciaran Lavery

Another classic, another classy artist!
Ciaran's voice paired with the softly played guitar and the beautiful string section, just create the perfect Christmas scene.



_________________________________________________________________________

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" performed by The Ragamuffins

Alright, if you haven't done at least one intense performance; dancing around the room, singing Mariah Carey's mega hit song, you're clearly missing out.
The Ragamuffins have had the guts (and the talent!) to publish their version of it and I LOVE IT.

Now, let's DANCE! (And leave the music to the band, they do it so much better!)



_________________________________________________________________________

"Oh Holy Night" performed by Bastille

This is just great. There's not much to say other than that.



_________________________________________________________________________

"Fairytale Of New York" performed by Gavin James

Gavin James released a Winter EP and made my heart melt with it.
It was really tough to pick a song to put on the playlist, but his version of "Fairytale Of New York" was the one I wanted to share with you.



_________________________________________________________________________

"Baby It's Cold Outside" performed by Lewis Watson and dodie

Not only do I appreciate this beautiful version of the well known duett, but I also appreciate that Lewis and dodie also take a bit of time to question the lyrics. This just shows our standards and expectations have changed a lot - and we should be proud.



_________________________________________________________________________

"River" performed by Lissie

Joni Mitchell's "River" is one of the most beautiful songs out there, am I right?
When you love an original version of a song so much, it can be strange to hear a cover version.
However, Lissie has nailed it and delivered a stunning version of this song.



_________________________________________________________________________

"Merry Christmas Everyone" performed by Lucy Rose

Okay, I've got a confession to make - Shakin Stevens' hit song is my favourite Christmas song ever. I love the upbeat and cheerful vibe.
So, of course, I was excited to see a modern day artist put her own twist on it.



_________________________________________________________________________

"Lonely This Christmas" performed by Kodaline

From a cheerful tune, to a rather sad one. But it's Kodaline covering Elvis - what's not to enjoy?



_________________________________________________________________________

"Spending All My Christmas With You (Next Year)" by Tom Odell

Don't you get sad, here's an uptempo and mega rock'n'roll track for you to boogie!
Tom Odell is just fabulous.



_________________________________________________________________________

"Silent Night" performed by Tori Kelly

This stunning acapella version of this beautiful classic is honestly breathtaking.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.




And now I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas,
whether you celebrate it or not - I hope you'll have a wonderful time off.

Let's all use this time to find ways to make this crazy world a good one again.
I think we need it.




Happy Holidays!











Credits // Text & Image: Vanessa Jertschewske

2 comments:

  1. Love it <3 Such amazing songs on here. I am LOVING Leslie Odom Jr.'s album/EP "Simply Christmas" this year. Other all-time favourite Christmas albums are Relient K's "Let It Snow Baby... Let It Reindeer", Die Roten Rosen - "Wir warten aufs Christkind" and of course Michael Bublé's Christmas album. And my absolute Christmas jam will forever be Last Christmas by Wham. What would Christmas be without it? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you brought up Wham! All time favourites!

      You've mentioned some music I haven't heard yet, so I'll be checking that out. THANKSSS!!! :) and merry Christmas!

      Delete

Let me know what you think! :)