End Of The Year: 2016



Hey guys!

WOW. The year is over. (well, almost!)
Please allow me a moment to reflect on the year. I have to warn you, it might get really cheesy.

Like I said before, it's been a weird year for the most of us.

2016 has taught me a lot of things.
I've realised what art and creativity really mean to me and how I define creative happiness.
Creating something is not just a career choice, it's a need I have and I'm forever grateful I get to share it online.

I have also learned a lot of personal things; such as - one should never have to apologise for not wanting to be with someone.
Or, that it is important to take responsibility for this planet we live on. 2016 was my first year of being vegan and learning more about animal cruelty. It made me realise how much I want to help those creatures whose voice isn't heard by everyone.

It was a year of understanding that impulses and quick decisions can bring you a lot of happiness.

I started the year with a trip to Manchester in January. I travelled alone but had the best company once I arrived. After years of talking online, I got to meet those music friends in person. I got to see so many special places in Manchester and met some wonderful new friends.
It was one of those trips that made me realise how simple it can be to make new friends. 

In April my wonderful friend Jim Kroft asked me to join him for his 48 hours recording marathon.
Jim and his band decided to record an album within two days, in order to raise money. The money (+19.000€) funded a boat which later helped saving refugees from drowning in the sea.
There has never been a project like this one, which made me so incredibly thankful to be a part of. The time in the studio was emotional, inspiring and is probably my favourite memory of the year. I saw people unite for a wonderful and much needed cause and it was magical.

This year I got to watch so many of my friends work their behinds off. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing passionate people succeed. I'm forever proud to be in this community.

I've also learned that no matter how lonely you might feel, there are always people who have got your back. Sometimes you just don't see them at first.

I've learned that believing in your dreams will always pay off.

I've learned that sleepless nights are worth it.

And I've learned that life isn't always butterflies and fairy lights.
Sometimes motivation and inspiration leave you for a brief moment, and it will scare you. It makes you questions your decisions and makes you think you went wrong.

But it's always worth it to make it through those moments.
After every low comes a high. Always.


Alright - I hope I haven't bored you to tears with all of this, but once I started writing, I couldn't stop.

Just because I'm a weirdo, I've decided to list every post we've published this year.
This is a fantastic way to look back on 2016 and it also helps me to figure out what kind of content we need more of.

I'm incredibly proud of the content we've created and the names we've worked with.

Absolutely every artist and every band I got to work with this year has been a dream.
That's something to be thankful for.

I would like to say a massive thank you to all members of the house in the sand team who have done such incredible jobs and have been nothing but fabulous to work with.


So here we go, below are all posts we've published in 2016:



Access All Areas:




And that's it for this year!

I hope you've all had a good time. I'm forever thankful to have this platform and I hope that we will get to spend a lot of time together in 2017.
Enjoy the last few hours and have a great start into 2017.

The only advice I can give you, in order to make the next year a good one, is - be compassionate. Help others, protect others and you'll feel truly fantastic.


Lots of love!!!



Thank you for 2016!













Credits // Text & Image: Vanessa Jertschewske

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)