Interview: Aaron Krause


 
Hey guys!

Every day when I sit at my desk and start writing these posts, I always feel very lucky.

It's an incredible honour to have acts, managements, PR agencies and labels get in touch with me and ask me to work with them.

It's such a great feeling to know that I can introduce brilliant acts to you in ways I want to introduce them to you.
It's wonderful to be in control of things you do and to share things exactly how you want them to be shared.

Today's post is another great example, I have a lovely interview for you and I hope you enjoy!


Aaron Krause is a musician based in Nashville, USA.
His music showcases his wide vocal range and blends electronic and synth-pop in a clever way.

Aaron's self-produced debut album "Holding On To Love" came out in 2014. It was recorded in his home studio and draws in the elements of struggle, transcedence and beauty.

With the skills of producing music, he's also worked with many acts from Nashville, Liza Anne is one of them.


Find out more about Aaron in the interview. We chatted about getting into music, movie soundtracks, beats, Nashville and a lot more!


house in the sand: To get this interview started; can you tell us a bit about how you got into making music? Was there some kind of key moment when you realised you wanted to do this for a living?

Aaron Krause: I grew up in a church that really celebrates music and got tons of opportunities to play there. But even beyond playing in church, there were so many records that really influenced and inspired me. I've always wanted to make music that does that for other people.

HITS: You've been working with a lot of other artists from Nashville. Would you say working with others also helps you with your own material?

Aaron: So much! I'm always cowriting and collaborating. I learn so much about myself as an artist getting to explore everyone else's artistry.

HITS: A lot of your songs convince with big insturmentations, who are your musical influences?

Aaron: Haha, yeah I LOVE big. Sigur Ros, and M83 have both been tremendous influencers to me and I'm so captivated by how massive they can be. I love the feeling of something being so big you feel like you're going to explode with the music.

HITS: If your music was to be a part of a soundtrack for a movie - which one would you want it to be?

Aaron: Amazing question! Doing a movie soundtrack is on my bucket list! Interstellar was so beautiful, I think I would have messed it up. Maybe The Great Gatsby.

HITS: How would you describe your live shows?

Aaron: It's actually changing a little bit. I used to try to get really big with a band behind me and have these epic shows. That's not going away by any stretch but as my tour dates have increased (and influences broadened), I've started doing a two person set up with loops and 808 beats. More of a vibe, emotional thing. A little more intimate but still having enough going on that it doesn't feel like some half asses acoustic show. No offense to acoustic artists (I love Sufjan Stevens), that's just not my vibe. My worst fear is people walking away from the show and thinking "eh". I want to surprise people every time.

HITS: What's your favourite thing to see in the crowd?

Aaron: Singing. Always. Although my band mate Stevie and I will always judge which song was the most successful in a setlist by how many people started videoing it.

HITS: What can we expect from you in the future?

Aaron: Way more shows. And eventually another full length record. And better beats.

HITS: Please complete the following sentence: I am Aaron Krause and I ...

Aaron: (fingers crossed) ... am just getting started.

HITS: Is there anything else you would like the house in the sand readers to know?

Aaron: I'm so honored to be featured on here. Thanks for wanting to hear my story. Getting to share songs and art with y'all is so humbling.

HITS: Thanks so much for taking time to answer those questions, hope you had a good time!

Aaron: Thank you!!






Aaron Krause online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | YouTube





Thank you for reading!









Credits // Text & Questions: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: Steven Alan (Aaron Krause press kit) | Answers: Aaron Krause

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)