Get To Know: Shape Of The Sun



 
Hey guys!

I don't know about you but I think falling in love with music over and over again is one of the loveliest feelings. Discovering details in songs such as a genius arrangement of words or an infectious bassline allows you to enjoy a song to the fullest.

What I also love about being involved in "music things" is that I get to know the artists behind the songs that convince me better. My favourite thing to do is share that with you and allow house in the sand to be a place where music is a love we all share.

Today I'd like to introduce you to a one man show which convinced me with clever arrangements that just stay in your head all.
Let's turn the spotlight on for Shape Of The Sun!


Who are you?
My name is Nate Linek and I'm from Medina, Ohio USA. I play all instruments and sing for my one-man band, Shape of the Sun. I also record and mix all of my music.


How would you describe your music?
I'd say that I belong in the alternative/indie rock category. I love a good rock hook and am really big on melody. I'm influenced by artists like Spoon, Brand New, David Bowie, Beach Boys and Cold War Kids.


What does music mean to you?
Music means a number of different things to me. I use it as a way to connect to other people. I use it as therapy and stress relief. I write songs to express myself and hopefully people will enjoy them.


Your guilty pleasure song is?
Uh-oh. Do I have to? I could probably list a bunch that I'm not proud of, but I think I'll go with "Since You Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson.


What have you released so far?
I've released a 5 song, self-titled EP which I recorded and produced in my home studio. You can stream it and download it for free on bandcamp.


What is coming up?
I will be releasing a new single very soon, followed by another EP in late summer. I will be making more videos and plan on playing live shows with a full band as soon as I can.







Shape Of The Sun online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Bandcamp | YouTube





Thank you for reading!






Credits // Text & questions: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image & answers: Nate Linek (Shape Of The Sun)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)