Behind The Scenes with The Arkanes

 photo B4_zps0c7b341f.jpg

Hey guys,

The one thing I've learned about working with musicians is that things never work out as planned.
So why plan them at all?

May 23rd, 7.30am - Berlin: The morning of a very long day begins and I decide to text message Chris from The Arkanes to set up a time for our collaboration.

Same day, hours later: Still no reply. In the mean time I've wandered through the streets of Berlin, filmed an interview and even changed outfits.

So I decided to head over to the venue and just hope the best.
It probably was faith - the second I arrive at Crystal Club a black van rolls up (the black van, guys!) and the guys arrive too.

Just like you right now, I was wondering why Mr Pate did not reply to my message - simple story:
his phone didn't work so he got angry and smashed it against a table. Do I need to mention that it was broken afterwards?

Let's fast forward all the catching up and get to the exciting part of this post.

After the interview we did back in April we decided to collaborate once again. The idea was that I was going to follow the guys while getting ready for their first headline gig in Germany.

I first pressed the recording button the minute the guys started carrying their equipment inside and stopped filming after the encore of the gig.
I could've filmed after the gig when we were all backstage but sometimes it's nice to not worry about good material and just enjoy being with people I don't get to see that often.

It took me ages to go through all the material but I think I managed to choose some nice moments for you to see.
Alright then, be part of the magic now! : )




Once again, working with The Arkanes was absolutely brilliant and I had every freedom to do what I want. It might be really chaotic at times but I always have the greatest time (and the best laughs) when we meet.
It feels great to be friends with my favourite rock band! ;)

 photo B2_zps2a8ea140.jpg
The Arkanes online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud


Thank you for reading! :)




Credits // Text, Photography & Videography: Vanessa Jertschewske

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)