Get To Know: Nathan Carlson



Hey guys,
busy times on house in the sand - the posts about musicians are somehow flying in like there's no tomorrow. And I couldn't be happier about it.

Today it's "Get To Know:" time again where this time Nathan Carlson introduces himself.

Be kind and get to know him. 


Who are you? 
My name is Nathan Carlson, and I'm a 29-year-old composer of music from down under. I play guitar, keyboards/synths, program drums, tiny little bit of bass guitar, vocals, and I produce and mix almost all of my stuff in my home studio.


How would you describe your music?
The Nathan Carlson Project I would describe as Melodic Synthpop From Down Under, synthesizer-based music with strong melodies.  I take influence from the likes of Jean-michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk and a lot of the old guard of electronic music, though I do enjoy some of the modern bands like VNV Nation, Namnambulu and the like.  I love all music truth be told :-)

What does music mean to you? Is there a reason why you started making music?
 Music is infinity to me - music is the very language of nature, it is the way and the path of all living things.  I started making music because it made the most sense in my life, I've been surrounded by music since I was born and always liked the feeling that music gave me, that feeling of power and immortality.  Music provided balance in my mind and soul, so eventually I got interested in making my own music.  I played around with keyboards when I was a kid, eventually getting a guitar when I was 16-17 years old.  I was one of those people who played guitar for like 8 hours a day because I loved music so much, I saw that as more fun than going out and getting drunk or high.  Needless to say I didn't have a lot of friends :-) 
 Now I've rediscovered my love of synthesizer music, and thus The Nathan Carlson Project was born :-) 


What have you released? What have you coming up? 
I've released my debut EP "Starfall" on cdbaby.com, which came out on 30/4/2013, and I'm releasing my next EP, entitled "Illusion", on 18/9/2013, and there's a mini-album coming out late 2013/early 2014, and then my debut album will be out next year.  I'm also putting together ideas for an ambient album for release maybe next year.  Busy busy! :-) but I wouldn't have it any other way.


Now that you got to know The Nathan Carlson Project, why don't you have a listen to his music here and now:




Links:
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Soundcloud


I hope you enjoyed it and found a new musician you like.


Vanessa x
twitter | facebook | bloglovin


_______________________________________
image: The Nathan Carlson Project Facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)